Redesign Timeline UI/UX
in Adobe XD
- past present future
- stick the timeline to the top of the page
UI of the timeline
Each day will be represented by a square in the timeline and a representative block.
- Nothing (almost blank)
- Diaries (Dark Gray)
- Work (Purple) (logs or lower level completions)
- Release (Red) (top level comptions)
- Completions (Red with a dot)
(the release is relative to the page being viewed. IF looking at the top level, red squares will be all top-level projects. when viewing a top level project, red squares will be all child projects (for instance, benchmarks of Astrus)
832525 muted red
UX of the timeline
- When I first go to the timeline, I would like today's block to be immediately showing.
- I would like to also see minimized blocks for future and past days that I can scroll to.
- I would like the time title (Past, Present, or Future) to stick to the top of the vertical timeline
- When I click on a square on the actual timeline or a contracted block, I would like the block to be expanded and shown for that day.
- logic for completing maintenance tasks on the front-end.
design of the timeline
- Glyph templates. Parents are the platonic, children are seperate . (Metamechanics is the eye, music is waves, etc)
- make the past fade out?
Each timeline object will have associated with it
day of week ?
primary task (what I spent the most on that day)
levitation content only includes life maintenance tasks
Separate events and releases
Lets say I have a song
Subtasks of the song will be get the mix done by this date
get the artwork done by this date. I dont want them all to trigger as events. I just want the actual completion of the project to be done.
- Clean up the timeline snippet
- refactor the timeline array to allow for more than one event per key (perhaps make events a sub object)
- Differentiate top-level release dates (releases, red) and small features being done (checkpoint, purple w/ dot?)